Health and Safety Policy Statement
We believe that the health, safety and welfare of our employees, subcontractors, and the wider community is paramount to the success of our business, as such Avidety is dedicated to safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and any other persons who may be affected by its operations. We aim to create a working environment in which no one is harmed, and believe that compliance with current health and safety legislation combined with suitable behaviour by our employees will create a culture where health and safety comes first.
- Comply with all current and relevant health and safety legislation.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Establish, maintain and continually improve an effective health and safety management system that complies with the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Ensure that health and safety management is a topic applicable to all staff.
- Provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure that our employees are aware of their responsibilities and are competent to undertake their work.
- Ensure health and safety is a basic responsibility for all managers.
- Ensure adequate resource is available to maintain a place of work that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and healthy.
- Ensure that health and safety is an essential factor taken into account when purchasing, operating and maintaining plant, machinery, tools and equipment.
- Ensure that all relevant information related to health and safety is communicated to all persons engaged in the operation of our business.
- To ensure the provision of suitable first aid facilities and the availability of professional medical advice.
- Engage with employees and encourage them to contribute to improvements in our health and safety performance.
- To monitor the operation of this Health and Safety Policy.
Environmental Policy Statement
Avidety is a class leading business providing high quality engineering services and as such we pride ourselves in providing the highest standards of environmental awareness. We are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment in which we operate and aim to minimise environmental effects arising from our business operations.
- Comply with national and local environmental regulations while working closely with local
- authorities and environmental stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of environmental awareness throughout the business.
- Establish, maintain and continually improve an effective environmental management system which complies with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
- Consider environmental factors in our business planning and decision making.
- Identify areas of environmental risk and put into effect processes to mitigate them, ensuring there is a reduced adverse impact of our operations on the environment.
- Minimise the production of waste, energy wastage and material wastage.
- Manage waste using our waste hierarchy and by reducing, reusing or recycling, or by safe disposal.
- Use materials from sustainable and responsibly managed sources, reducing our impact on climate change.
- Work with our supply chain and take into account environmental impacts before entering into contracts.
- Ensure our employees receive training and are engaged in environmental issues, while developing their skills and knowledge to further enhance their environmental awareness.
- Measure key performance areas with regard to our environmental performance.
- Respond promptly to any environmental incidents ensuring they are reported and investigated accordingly.
Quality Policy Statement
Avidety is a class leading business providing high quality engineering services which reliably meets the requirements of our customers. We operate in accordance with the Avidity Business Management System, which complies with BS EN IS0 9001: 2015. The business management system contains all the procedures and associated documentation to manage and control our business and is available to all employees.
- Work collaboratively with our customers ensuring they are at the core of our operations.
- Provide a quality service to deliver excellent operational performance.
- Monitor and review information about external and internal issues to ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations through continually improving on our performance by setting strategic company objectives in the form of KPI’s.
- Establish, maintain and continually improve an effective quality management system which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure work is carried out to a consistent defined set of processes.
- Maintain a professional approach when interfacing with our customers and the wider community.
- Provide staff that are fully trained and engaged in quality improvement, while developing the skills and knowledge of our employees to further enhance our quality offering.
- Develop our quality management systems and procedures based on continuous improvement through performance reviews.
- Only use services that meet our own high quality assurance standard.
- Ensure any quality failures are recorded and investigated and dealt with efficiently within an acceptable time period.
Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy Statement
Avidety is committed to working within our own business and our supply chain to ensure that we implement a proactive approach to takling labour exploitation.
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person's liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.
We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains, consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We expect the same high standards from all of our contractors, suppliers and other business partners, and as part of our contracting processes, we include specific prohibitions against the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, or anyone held in slavery or servitude, whether adults or children, and we expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, directors, officers, agency workers, seconded workers, volunteers, interns, agents, contractors, external consultants, third-party representatives and business partners.